Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lionel Messi turns attention to Copa AmericaLionel Messi set his sights on the Copa

America today after another glorious season with Barcelona to whom he pledged his future.

"I had the luck to win everything with Barcelona, but my objective now is to win the Copa America with the national team," Messi told reporters on arrival from Spain at a packed Ezeiza airport swarming with reporters and fans.

"I can't see myself playing in another shirt that isn't Barcelona's," added a blushing Messi after he was surprised with a big kiss planted on his cheek by an admirer.

Messi, who has yet to win over many Argentines in the way he has Europeans who hail him as one of the game's greats, helped his club lift the Champions League on Saturday, scoring a brilliant 53rd goal in 55 matches in the season.

The 23-year-old will have a short holiday in his home town of Rosario until June 8 when he links up with coach Sergio Batista's squad for the countdown to the Copa America being hosted by Argentina from July 1-24.

Not everyone in the world is so happy about Messi's well-earned break with local media reporting Nigerians are complaining they will not get to watch him in Wednesday's friendly in Abuja in which Batista will field a second-string team made up of fringe European-based Argentina players.

Messi is an old foe of the Nigerians having helped Argentina beat them in the 2005 World Youth Championship final, the 2008 Olympic final at the Beijing Games and their opening group match at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.




17 comments:

  1. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences. ไก่ชน

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Agen Bandar QQ Online

    ReplyDelete
  4. There Are No Limits To What You Can Accomplish, Except The Limits You Place On Your Own Thinking. Situs Judi DominoQQ Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    ทางเข้า ยูเพลย์365

    ReplyDelete
  6. You parents are your best motivation. when you feel tired, think them, and lets get up from your laziness. linkqqonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well.. maxbet

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have outdone yourself this time. It is probably the best, most short step by step guide that I have ever seen. joker

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it. 먹튀

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Nice post! Please tell us when I will see a follow up! ufabet168

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject

    บอลออนไลน์
    joker gaming
    PG SLOT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well-Written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can't pause to read more posts. Thanks for the precious help. ufabet168

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete